As usual, please compare your answers to mine and share any questions that you have by adding a comment to this post. Thank you!
I chose A. I didn’t like B because the reading doesn’t mention any ideas about mathematics, and I didn’t like C because the book was not his doing. A gives the best summary.
- childhood is the condition of being a child
- background is a person’s history; everything behind a person
- a principality is an area ruled by a prince
- cornerstones of a philosophy are the main points of the philospophy
- benevolent means wishing to do good things
- defender is someone who defends
- outlook is the way you look out
- an innovator is a person who starts something new
- commoners are people who are common
Exercise six: (answers might be different)
- true and false
Please share any comment or questions that you might have!